Get Certified! Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI® Open Water Diver Course!
This three-day course† is the starting point for your PADI® scuba certification. If you have always wanted to learn to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply want to see the wonders of the world beneath the waves, taking this small step to register for your PADI® Open Water Diver certification course will bring you one giant step closer to achieving your dream! Once you are underwater, you will realize how easy it is to breathe underwater with scuba — the hardest part is deciding to take the first step to register! And, when you discover that you really love scuba diving, you will have a harder time leaving the water at the end of each dive!!!
What You Will Learn — the PADI® Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- 1st class day, Knowledge Development in a classroom to learn the basic principles of scuba diving.
NOTE: As an option, you can substitute the knowledge development in the classroom with online knowledge development through
PADI® eLearning® for the additional cost of tuition PADI® charges you separately. On the first day of class, you can skip most
of the classroom session, except for the last 45 minutes to an hour, to complete a short review exam, ensuring that you are the
individual who completed the PADI® eLearning® process.
Essentially, this online knowledge development tool gives you the flexibility to fit the following academics into your schedule:
» Pre-Class Academics (reading each section and completing its knowledge review online and not from the book)
» Knowledge Development (watching videos and lectures and taking quizzes and the final exam online and not in the classroom)
With PADI® eLearning®, you do not have to purchase the physical book required for the classroom-based knowledge development session, but will have access to the same material in digital format on the PADI® eLearning® system for one year.
- 1st class day, Confined Water Dives to learn the basic scuba skills.
- 2nd weekend, Open Water Dives to review your skills and to explore!
Prerequisites — To enroll in the PADI® Open Water Diver course (or PADI® Junior Open Water Diver course; same class, but with a different designation for kids under 16 years), you must:
- Be 10 years or older (PADI® eLearning® requires an extra registration step for students under 13 years due to international Internet laws).
- Be able to answer all of the questions in the Divers Medical Questionnaire section on Page 1 of the PADI® Medical Statement with a NO. If you answer any of the questions with a YES, you will need approval from your physician before our instructors will allow you in the water — your physician needs to complete Page 2 and provide a signature and date at the bottom of the page. In either case, please turn in the completed form so we could file it in your permanent student record file.
Class Times (first day): 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, either Saturday or Sunday — It all depends on the students' preparedness with their pre-class studies (reading and completing knowledge reviews), the students' understanding of the material covered in class, and how well the students perform their skills during the Confined Water Dives, as a whole.
Class Times (second weekend): 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, both Saturday and Sunday — Conservative approximation. It depends on how well the students perform their skills during the Open Water Dives, as a whole.
Class length is one day for students who are completing the Knowledge Development and Confined Water Dives here and opting to finish their Open Water Dives elsewhere and three days for students who want to complete everything with us.
Important: Prices listed for this course only cover the tuition of the PADI® Open Water Diver course — prices are listed along with the current classes in the class schedule(s) listed above. It does not cover:
- The tuition for PADI® eLearning®, the optional online knowledge development sessions that students can take in place of the classroom sessions.
- The PADI® Open Water Diver book package that students must have for the classroom sessions.
- The rental fee for the use of the scuba equipment during the open water dives on the second weekend.
- The PADI® certification card fee for students completing the course with us.
- The snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, boots and gloves) students must have or purchase for the class. We give students $10.00 off each individually packaged item of the snorkeling equipment, when they purchase the items from us, for the class.
Class tuitions are non-refundable. So, be sure to choose a class from our class schedule that will work for you. There will be a $50.00 re-scheduling fee for any class changes less than one week from the class start date. There are no class tuition refunds for no-shows.
Decide on one of the following course options:
- Full PADI® Open Water Diver Certification course — one-day classroom and pool sessions, either Saturday or Sunday, plus two more days for the Open Water Dives and you will complete the full course. Open Water Dives at Harbor Dive Center are all fun with the limited shore entries we offer to our students.
- Confined Water sessions — join us for one day, either Saturday or Sunday, for the classroom and pool sessions.
- Open Water sessions — continuing education option, with the Confined Water (both classroom and pool sessions) already completed at a different scuba diver training facility. We will verify the portions you completed — bring in all of your documentation from the other training facility to join.
Click to select a class that fits your schedule from the current Class Schedule(s) listed above.
Choose your course option from the list box directly above the ADD TO CART button.
Click the ADD TO CART button and continue shopping or proceed to checkout (click the shopping cart icon at the top right corner next to the search box).